We have identified two of the UN SDGs which are
The goals respectively relate to sustainable consumption and production, and combatting climate change and its impacts by regulating emissions and promoting developments in renewable energy.
Our environmental and climate change policy sets out our commitment to responsible environmental practices and identifies key areas of focus and objectives with respect to air pollution reduction and eco-efficiency aimed at reducing our environmental footprint and contributing to a more sustainable operating environment for the benefit of all.
These initiatives include:
- optimisation of transport efficiencies in our Logistics fleet;
- ongoing review and implementation of energy-saving initiatives;
- conversion of paraffin-fuelled boilers to compressed natural gas;
- conversion of restaurant equipment in Company-owned and franchised restaurants to operate on LPG where practicable and possible,
- investigating alternative cleaner fuel and energy options (with lower greenhouse gas (GHG) emission factors);
- efficient water usage and effluent management;
- maximising recycling opportunities for our general waste;
- responsible sourcing of sustainable food products for processing;
- reduction in food wastage through portion control and made-to-order practices in our restaurants; and
- responsible re-use or redistribution of food through donation of excess food products.
Find more detail in our Environmental report.