Withdrawal of cautionary announcement pertaining to GBK Restaurants Limited (“GBK”)

Posted by & filed under Latest News, Press Releases.

Shareholders are referred to the Trading Statement for the six months ended 31 August 2020 and Renewal of Cautionary Announcement published on SENS on 25 September 2020, in which it was advised that following the Group’s decision to not provide any further financial assistance to GBK, the Board of GBK was deliberating with its appointed… Read more »

Trading Statement for the six months ended 31 August 2020 and Renewal of Cautionary Announcement

Posted by & filed under Latest News, Press Releases.

calculator

TRADING STATEMENT FOR THE SIX MONTHS ENDED 31 AUGUST 2020 The Board of Directors (“Board”) is satisfied that a reasonable degree of certainty exists that the Group’s financial results for the six months ended 31 August 2020 (“review period”) will differ by at least 20% from those reported for the six months ended 31 August… Read more »

Famous Brands Sells Controlling Stake In Tashas™*

Posted by & filed under Latest News, Press Releases.

Famous Brands has announced that the Group has sold its controlling 51% stake in boutique café brand, tashas™, to the founding Sideris family, who hold the remaining 49%. The sale is in line with the Group’s three year-strategic roadmap which includes a narrower focus of investment of resources in the Signature brands portfolio, which includes… Read more »

Renewal of Cautionary Announcement

Posted by & filed under Latest News, Press Releases.

newspapers

Shareholders are referred to the Renewal of Cautionary Announcement (“Announcement”) published on the JSE Stock Exchange News Service (“SENS”) on 1 July 2020 relating to the Board of Directors’ (“Board”) decision to not provide any further financial assistance to GBK Restaurants Limited (“GBK”). In light of the Board’s decision, the Board of GBK is reviewing… Read more »

Withdrawal of resolution at the Annual General Meeting of shareholders

Posted by & filed under Latest News, Press Releases.

Shareholders are referred to the Company’s Notice of Annual General Meeting to shareholders dated 29 June 2020 and are advised that Ordinary Resolution Number 5 in relation to the “General authority for directors to allot and issue shares”, has been withdrawn. The withdrawal of the resolution does not affect the validity of any voting instruction… Read more »

Renewal of Cautionary Announcement

Posted by & filed under Latest News, Press Releases.

Shareholders are referred to the Renewal of Cautionary Announcement (“Announcement”) published on SENS on 20 May 2020 relating to the Board of Directors’ (“Board”) decision not to provide any further financial assistance to GBK Restaurants Limited (“GBK”). Shareholders were furthermore cautioned that the Board’s decision to withhold further financial support for GBK may result in… Read more »

No change statement and Notice of AGM

Posted by & filed under Latest News, Press Releases.

Shareholders are advised that the Company’s annual financial statements and Integrated Annual Report will be available on its website at www.famousbrands.co.za from Monday, 29 June 2020, and contains no modifications to the summarised audited results, published on the Stock Exchange News Service on 26 May 2020 or the independent external auditors report in respect thereof…. Read more »

Renewal of Cautionary Announcement

Posted by & filed under Latest News, Press Releases.

Shareholders are referred to the Cautionary Announcement (“Announcement”) published on SENS on 2 April 2020, in which the Board of Directors (“Board”) advised that the Group had reviewed its investment in GBK Restaurants Limited (“GBK”) and had taken the decision to not provide any further financial assistance to GBK. Accordingly, the Board of GBK would… Read more »